EAST BRUNSWICK – The East Brunswick Education Foundation (EBEF) has started the school year by awarding more than $37,000 in grants to educators in the East Brunswick School District.
A total of 30 grant proposals were received, with 18 selected by the Board of Trustees for a total of $37,652, according to information provided by Jack Levitt, president of the EBEF. The grants were announced during the EBEF’s Fall Fashion Show sponsored by Northfield Bank on Oct. 16.
The grants awarded include:
- Music Technology with Brent Daniels at Warnsdorfer: Renee Soccodato for $5,380
- Engaged in Color at Lawrence Brook: Meredith Ascher, Diana Delleani, JoAnn Peterson, Karen Suleski for $1,972
- Musical Infusion! The Power of Music to Impact All at Churchill: Renee Soccodata for $1,614
- A Table to Learn With at Memorial: Lauren Staats for $2,156
- Sense of Peace at Lawrence Brook: Kristina Hoover for $1,083
- Flexible Seating, Flexible Learning at Central: Danielle DiNinno, Amanda Alessandro for $7,800
- Extended Learning Success at Memorial: Stefani Poedubicky, Nicole Pelligrino for $897
- Planting the Seeds of Knowledge: Kristy Cognata for $849
- Recess for All at Lawrence Brook: School Safety and Climate Committee, JoAnn Peterson, Melissa Shelcusky, Rachel Weitzenkorn for $702
- LB: Where Your Journey Begins…in VR! At Lawrence Brook: Aanika Boylan, Joann Peterson for $7,979
- Rock On! Exploration and Performance of Contemporary Orchestra and Chorus Repertoire at Churchill: Anna Braun, Jami DeSiena and Sarah Donatelli for $2,500
- Using Write on Tables to Enhance Learning at EBHS: Susan Santoriello for $2,136The EBEF will hold its annual Barnes & Noble Book Fair on Dec. 1, will host the Harlem Wizards on Jan. 27 and will hold its annual Partner in Excellence/EBHS Hall of Fame Induction Dinner on March 26. More details will be available on ebef.org.The EBEF’s purpose is to support programs to enhance and enrich the curriculum in the East Brunswick Public Schools. To join, contact Jack Levitt at email@example.com.